DescriptionObtain an in-depth understanding of the changes to diversity in today's workforce; acquire tools and techniques to best attract and hire the diverse candidates your organization needs.
The increasing diversity of the American population is creating a need for organizations to rethink how they recruit and hire. We need to examine our current recruiting strategies to remove potential barriers that may exist and recruit a broader representation of the population. This course will review each of the steps of the recruiting cycle and offer techniques and strategies to attract, recruit, and select diverse, qualified employees. It will challenge the importance of "cultural fit" and encourage inclusion and focus on "cultural add." It will examine how the selection process may be influenced by bias and offer tips on how to interrupt this to ensure implicit bias is recognized and minimized throughout the process. Key topics include workforce and culture assessment, recruiting trends and tools, onboarding and its effect on retention, social networking, and recruiting, as well as other ideas to enhance your process.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand the changing demographics of the current workforce
- Explore the recruiting cycle with an equity lens, encouraging inclusion
- Discover trends and tools to attract and hire diverse, qualified candidates
- Evaluate your search process, checking for implicit bias
Applies Toward the Following:
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses