Successful leaders and communicators must not only make the right decisions—they must also influence others to support and execute those decisions. Whether implementing strategy or initiating change, leaders must be able to persuade, inspire, and shape others' behavior. In this course you will discover the tools to immediately build a power base, leverage existing skills, and strategically move others in the right direction. You will learn the practical tools to become more persuasive and influential in your dealings with coworkers, managers, clients, and partners.
- Understand the psychology of persuasion
- Manage inter-personal relationships more effectively
- Harness scientific evidence to create ethical influence
- Lead others even when you lack formal authority
- Inspire lasting change
Please see section details for:
- Enrollment deadline
- Grading option deadline
- Cancellation and refund deadlines
Once all alumni seats have been filled, registrants will be placed on a waitlist in case another registrant drops. It is at the discretion of the CEMBA administration and faculty to add additional seats to an elective course to accommodate wait-listed alumni.
Attendance & Grading
Courses are four 4-hour sessions held on campus at the Carlson School of Management in the Executive Center. We prefer that alumni attend all four sessions and participate fully, as they will be in class with current students.
Alumni will not receive credit for the course, but will receive a certificate of professional development upon completion, if requested. Alumni can choose to audit the course or participate fully in assignments, resulting in a letter grade. You must alert the program office of your choice by the grading option deadline in section details. This grade is not subject to the 3.67 +/- .1 median aggregate and is not reflected on or as part of your official University of Minnesota academic transcript.
- Alumni should bring a laptop with them to class.
- Alumni must activate and use their UMN internet account, as this will be used for registration, Moodle log-in, communication from professors and wireless connection. If alumni do not have an active UMN internet account, they will have to create a guest account.
- Alumni will be given nameplates to utilize during class.
- Classes will be recorded and available for review.
For more Information
If you need help or have questions about this course, please contact Tiffany Meeks at 612-626-7476 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.