This is the online version of the 2020 Private Pesticide Applicator Certification Exam. Please read all of the information below before proceeding.
You qualify to take this exam to (re)certify for 2020 if:
- your private pesticide applicator license is currently expired.
- you are a new applicator and have never held a private applicator license.
- your private pesticide applicator license will expire on March 1st, 2020.
→ Exams are required for the first two options, workshops are not applicable.
If you aren't comfortable with technology and taking the exam online, you may choose to:
- attend an in-person workshop only if you are recertifying. Please note that workshops are only available in January and February of 2020 or....
- take the mail-in (re)certification exam. Mail-in exams are available at local Extension offices. Please consider calling ahead for office hours and test material availability.
- Do you have the step-by-step registration/exam guide open? You can print the document for ease of reference.
- If you are an applicator who has registered in the past to take the online exam, you must call UMN'S 1-Help support line at 612-301-4357 to reactivate your account before you proceed with this registration!
- Your Private Pesticide Applicator License Number. If you are a new applicator, enter "00000" when prompted.
- If you are creating a new guest account, you will need your own valid email address to which you have immediate access. Failure to do so could result in someone else's name on your certification card. Duplicate emails cannot be used.
- 19th Edition Study Manual.
- You may not transfer payment from the online exam to the mail-in exam, or vice versa. Once you have chosen your exam method, you are committed to follow through with that method. Please choose carefully.
- You may not enter responses from a paper mail-in exam to this online version.
Any cancellations of exam registrations, including chargebacks, will be subject to a $30 administration fee.
The link to the exam will be provided as part of your receipt on the final page of the registration process. The receipt will also be sent to your email in a message titled "University of Minnesota Confirmation." Please check your spam folders if you do not see it in your inbox.
You can access the exam at any time by clicking on the exam link in your email. Please DO NOT DELETE YOUR EMAIL RECEIPT for future exam access, if needed. Purchasing the exam now does not mean that you have to take the test immediately after you purchase it!
Be advised that due to system integration between registration and exam, it can take ten minutes up to the next morning of a business day for exam access to be granted.
You have 3 chances to earn a score of at least 80% on this exam to (re)certify for your private pesticide applicator's license. After you achieve a passing score, please do not re-attempt the exam to improve the score; this can cause errors in the system, and you may not be (re)certified.