The University of Minnesota Bee Veterans program provides free beekeeping education for Minnesota Veterans. Bee Veterans fosters community through hands-on beekeeping training, while promoting the recreational and professional benefits inherent in working with honey bees.
Classes will begin in May 2021 as virtual apiary sessions held via Zoom. Participants will learn seasonal management from experienced beekeepers and have the chance to ask questions about our hives or their own hives.
No prior beekeeping experience is required for this course, but beekeepers of all skill levels are welcome!
- You are a Minnesota veteran or service member.
- You are curious about bees and beekeeping.
- Anyone entering the apiary must be 18 years of age or older
2021 Program Dates
- Thursday, May 20 from 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, June 17 from 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, July 15 from 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, August 19 from 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, September 16 from 6:30-7:30pm
Guest Account Help