PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR REGISTRATION.
You qualify to take this exam to (re)certify for 2021 if:
- your private pesticide applicator license is currently expired.
- you are a new applicator and have never held a private applicator license.
- your private pesticide applicator license will expire on March 1st, 2021.
If you aren't comfortable with technology, you may choose to:
- take the mail-in (re)certification exam. Mail-in exams are available at most local Extension offices. Please call ahead for office hours and test material availability.
- Right-click here (select "open link in new tab") to open/download the 2021 Private Pesticide Applicator Registration and (Re)certification Guide for step-by-step guidance during registration, and how to take the exam (refer to Online Exam section).
- Have your Private Pesticide Applicator License Number ready to enter when prompted by the registration. For new applicators, enter "00000" (5 zeros).
- If you are an applicator who has registered in the past to take the online exam, please call the University's Helpdesk at 612-301-4357 to reactivate your account or you can self-reset your password by referring to page 2 in the guide.
- If you are creating a new guest account, you will need your own valid email address to which you have immediate access. Failure to do so could result in someone else's name on your certification card. Duplicate emails cannot be used.
- The 19th Edition Study Manual (pat.umn.edu and click on "Study manuals" for the online PDF version or order from the UMN Bookstore)
- You may not transfer payment from the online exam to the mail-in exam, or vice versa. Once you have chosen your exam method, you are committed to follow through with that method. Please choose carefully.
- You may not enter responses from a paper mail-in exam to this online version.
Any cancellations of exam registrations, including chargebacks, will be subject to a $30 administration fee.
- The link to the exam will be provided as part of your "Receipt Notes" on the final page of the registration process. The receipt will be emailed to you with the subject of "University of Minnesota Confirmation." Please check your spam folders if you do not see the email in your inbox.
- You can access the exam at any time by clicking on the Go to Exam link in your confirmation email (do not delete). Purchasing the exam now does not mean that you have to take the exam immediately after registration.
Be advised that due to system integration between registration and exam, it can take ten minutes up to the next morning of a business day for exam access to be granted.
- You have 3 chances to earn a score of at least 80% on this exam to (re)certify for your private pesticide applicator's license. After you achieve a passing score of 40 points or more, you can view and print your temporary certificate. Do not re-attempt the exam to improve the passing score; as this can cause errors in the system, and you may not be (re)certified. Please allow up to 60 days to receive your new permanent private pesticide applicator license from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
If you have any questions before you register for the exam, please contact us.