This course is now closed for new registrations as of Wednesday, February 24, 2021. The deadline to complete the course is Sunday, February 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. No exceptions.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR REGISTRATION.
You qualify to take the Canvas Self-Paced Course for 2021 if:
- your private pesticide applicator license HAS NOT expired.
- your private pesticide applicator license will expire on March 1st, 2021.
Note: You cannot take the self-paced course if you are a new applicator or your pesticide applicator license is currently expired.
If you are not comfortable with technology, you may choose to:
- take the mail-in (re)certification exam. Mail-in exams are available at most local Extension offices. Please call ahead for office hours and test material availability.
- Right-click here to open the 2021 Private Pesticide Applicator Registration and (Re)certification Guide for step-by-step guidance during your registration and to learn how to work on the Canvas course.
- Have your date of birth, county, and Private Pesticide Applicator Certification Number ready to enter when prompted.
- If you think you may already have a University account from a past registration (such as the online exam), please call the University's Helpdesk at 612-301-4357 to reactivate your account or you can self-reset your password by referring to page 2 in the guide.
- If you are creating a new guest account, you will need your own valid email address to which you have immediate access. Failure to do so could result in someone else's name on your certification card. Duplicate emails cannot be used.
PLEASE CALL 612-301-4357 FOR ALL LOGIN RELATED PROBLEMS
- The link to the Canvas self-paced course will be provided in your receipt that is displayed on the final registration screen (click on Receipt Notes) . The receipt will also be emailed to you with the subject of "University of Minnesota Confirmation." Please check your spam folders if you do not see the email in your inbox.
- You can access the Canvas self-paced course at any time by clicking on the “Go to Self-Paced Course” link in your confirmation email (do not delete the email) or by going to pat.umn.edu, click on "Self-Paced Course" and then click on your course under "Ready to start or work on your uncompleted course?
- Log in to Canvas using the email address (Internet ID) and password that you used for regisgtration.
- Be advised that due to system integration between registration and exam, it can take ten minutes up to the next morning of a business day for course access to be granted.
- When you have completed the course, you will be able to view and print your certificate in Canvas.
If you have questions before your register for the self-paced couse, please contact us.