On Friday, April 16, 2021, the University of Minnesota’s Healthy Equity Work Group hosted the annual Health Disparities Roundtable.
Keynote speakers Dr. Rachel Hardeman, Dr. Camara Phyllis Jones and Dr. Michael Osterholm explored COVID-19 policy considerations and vaccination strategies through a lens of social justice and structural racism in this timely conversation, moderated by Dr. Jamie Slaughter-Acey. Continuing education credits are available.
- UMN Center for Antiracism Research for Health Equity
- UMN Center for Leadership Education in Maternal and Child Public Health
- UMN Health Equity Work Group
- UMN Medical School Program in Health Disparities Research
- UMN School of Public Health Dean's Office
- UMN School of Public Health Student Senate
The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to:
- Understand how structural racism has led to disparities in COVID-19 outcomes.
- Identify strategies that would address inequities in the vaccine rollout.
- Explain social justice and ethical considerations when implementing a national vaccination program.