The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) online lecture begins with a discussion of the Act from a policy and health perspective. It then moves to focus on the legal perspective of the Act, including a case study showing how to evaluate if an employee is eligible for FMLA leave.
Upon completion of the module, the learner with be able to:
- Understand how unpaid leave can impact maternal and child health,
- List the requirements for employees to be covered by the FMLA,
- Identify which employers need to provide FMLA leave for employees,
- List the three main reasons employees may take FMLA leave, and
- Identify the six categories of serious health conditions.