The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) online lecture begins with a discussion of the Act from a policy and health perspective. It then moves to focus on the legal perspective of the Act, including a case study showing how to evaluate if an employee is eligible for FMLA leave.
Upon completion of the module, the learner with be able to:
- Understand how unpaid leave can impact maternal and child health,
- List the requirements for employees to be covered by the FMLA,
- Identify which employers need to provide FMLA leave for employees,
- List the three main reasons employees may take FMLA leave, and
- Identify the six categories of serious health conditions.
- The registration fee is refundable if a cancellation request by the registrant is received seven days prior to the course start date. No refund is available after that time.
- In the event of a course cancellation, a complete refund of fees paid will be made. In the event of a cancellation, the University of Minnesota is not responsible for participant housing or travel expenses incurred by the registrants.
This course is eligible for:
- 2 contact hours of professional continuing education
- 0.20 continuing Education Units (CEUs)
For questions regarding this course, contact Continuing Public Health Education and Outreach at 612-626-4515 | email@example.com.