This course provides an overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It covers how to determine if someone is considered disabled under the ADA and how to go through the reasonable accommodation process. Hear a discussion of the impact of COVID-19 on workplaces. Work through a case study and see how the case is interpreted before and after the 2009 Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act.
Upon completion of the module, the learner with be able to:
- Define a “qualified individual” under the ADA.
- Describe conditions that are not covered under the ADA.
- Determine whether an employee qualifies as disabled under the ADA.
- Define “reasonable accommodation” under the ADA.
- Describe examples of reasonable accommodations.