How do we as teachers facilitate intercultural learning that centers on the diverse perspectives that students bring to our classrooms? Join us for an interactive online workshop where you will have the opportunity to expand and deepen your teaching strategies to engage the global diversity in your classes.
Faculty and instructors from all disciplines face increasing demands to help students develop the intercultural skills necessary to thrive in today’s world. During this workshop, you will learn from leaders in the field of intercultural education and practice strategies to facilitate interactions among students in your globally diverse classrooms.
The workshop is intended for faculty and instructors who seek to create inclusive learning environments that successfully engage all students through intentional course design and teaching practices. The suggested audience for this workshop is faculty and instructional staff who will be teaching this academic year, as we will be focusing on teaching practices and the ways that participants will apply these practices in their current teaching.
This webinar falls under the following themes:
- Theoretical foundations: Teaching in globally diverse classes
- Becoming global citizens: Deepening students’ global, international, and intercultural perspectives
- Versatile combination: A cross-theme/multifunctional grouping
In this interactive workshop, you will:
- Learn and practice intercultural facilitation techniques
- Explore, share, and practice activities that broaden student engagement, integration, and interaction.
[The Aspects of the workshop that were the most worthwhile for me were] the activities, the shared conversations around strategies, you all demonstrating effective facilitation within the group. All was great! Definitely a worthwhile workshop that I will encourage colleagues to attend. -2020 workshop participant
Applies Toward the Following:
- Teaching in Globally Diverse Classes (TiGDC) Certificate : Required: Core workshops