This 30-minute webinar is designed to help you consider the role of cultural communication styles in your classroom, so that you can help your students deepen their intercultural communication skills.
During the webinar, we will review high-context and low-context communication styles used in different cultures and countries and provide you with an opportunity to reflect on your own communication style. You will also experience a teaching activity that you can do with your students on cultural communication styles.
Target audience: faculty, instructors (including teaching assistants), and instructional staff who directly support teaching and learning.
This webinar falls under the following themes:
- Theoretical foundations: Teaching in globally diverse classes
- Support for group work: Supporting long-term or high stakes student groups
- Inclusive learning communities: Integration, inclusion and community building in the classroom
- Becoming global citizens: Deepening students’ global, international, and intercultural perspectives
- Intercultural interaction: Developing important skills and attitudes
Applies Toward the Following:
- Teaching in Globally Diverse Classes (TiGDC) Certificate : Required: Electives