DescriptionLearn how to promote a workplace culture of inclusion and acceptance.
In a world more aware of the legacies of systemic racism, it is more important than ever for us to see how being an ally can help our workplace become more inclusive of others. We say we want to be there for others and how we want everyone to bring their whole selves to work, yet we struggle on how to be inclusive and accepting. Learn about the different forms of allyship and how to acquire the skills and confidence to be the ally who sends the message of inclusion and acceptance to all.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the current state of racial and social inequities and how they manifest in the workplace.
- Define how systemic racism still lives in our workplaces and how we can help to change it.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to feel confident and equipped to be an ally at work.
- Understand Affinity Groups/Employee Resource Groups/Business groups and their role in creating allies.
- Develop a culture of allyship in your workplace.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form