Social and emotional learning (SEL) includes learning to be aware of and manage emotions, work well with others, and persevere when faced with challenges. Youth programs can support social and emotional learning and wellbeing through equipping staff, paying attention to learning environments, designing impactful learning experiences and using data to improve practices.
This self-guided course introduces a flexible set of tools, templates and activities from our SEL toolkit that can be used with staff and youth to increase intentional practices that support social and emotional learning and wellbeing. While the toolkit is designed primarily for those working with middle-school-aged youth, with slight modifications the activities are appropriate for other age groups.
How this course works
- Go at your own pace (without a facilitator) through four modules:
- Equipping staff
- Creating the learning environment
- Designing impactful learning experiences
- Using data for improvement
- Each module takes about 30 minutes to complete. Additional time spent on application activities will vary.
- Learn on your own time. Unlimited 24-hour web access to the self-guided course.
- Videos and activities help you take concrete ideas back to your program.
- Certificate for completing the 3-hour training is available at the end of the course.
- High-speed Internet access
- Computer speakers
- Explore ways to enhance staff knowledge of social emotional learning and wellbeing.
- Gain strategies to infuse social emotional learning and wellbeing into your program.
- Learn simple ways to collect and use SEL data for improvement.
- Take away practical resources and tools to apply right away.
Registration and fee
Suggested registration fee is $25, sliding scale pricing available.
In order to make our programming accessible to a broader audience, we have implemented a sliding scale fee structure. The suggested registration fee for this course is $25. We also offer a supporter rate of $50 for those who would like to contribute toward making this programming accessible to all. We do not want cost to be a barrier to participation. If you are not able to pay the registration fee, you may take the program at no cost.
Payment is accepted by credit card only. (No POs, invoices, payment by check.) Payment must be made at the time of registration.