PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR REGISTRATION.
You qualify to take this exam to (re)certify for 2022 if:
- Your private pesticide applicator license is currently expired.
- You are a new applicator and have never held a private applicator license.
- Your private pesticide applicator license will expire on March 1st, 2022.
If you aren't comfortable with technology, you may choose to:
- Take the mail-in (re)certification exam. Mail-in exams are available at most local Extension offices. Please call ahead for office hours and test material availability.
- Attend a workshop only if you are recertifying. Please note that workshops are only available in January and February.
- Watch Videos and Access Reference Materials!
Step-By-Step Registration Video Registration Instructions and guest account management
Step-By-Step Registration Reference Guide View/print/download the 2022 Step-By-Step Registration Guide (be patient while guide loads)
Guest Account Password Reset Video Already have a University of Minnesota guest account due to past registrations? Learn how to reset your password to activate your account and prevent login challenges during registration. Passwords need to be reset annually to remain active.
19th Edition Study Manual Access the online PDF study manual or order a copy from the UMN bookstore
- Creating a new guest account because you are new to the university? Use your own valid email address to which you have immediate access! Failure to do so could result in someone else's name on your certification card. Duplicate and shared emails in guest accounts cannot be used.
- Have your certification number and credit card information ready. New applicators, enter "00000" (5 zeros).
- You may not transfer payment from the online exam to the mail-in exam, or vice versa. Once you have chosen your exam method, you are committed to follow through with that method. Please choose carefully.
- You may not enter responses from a paper mail-in exam to this online version.
- There is a $75 non-refundable fee for the online and mail-in exam. Any cancellations of exam registrations, including chargebacks, will be subject to a $30 administration fee.
- Exam link and instructions can be found by clicking on the "Receipt Notes" in the receipts screen at the end of your registration. This information can also be found in your University of Minnesota Confirmation email. Please check your spam/junk folders if you do not see the email in your inbox.
- You have 3 attempts to earn a score of at least 80% on this exam to (re)certify for your private pesticide applicator's license. After you achieve a passing score of 40 points or more, you can view and print your temporary certificate.
- Do not re-attempt the exam to improve the passing score; as this can cause errors in the system, and you may not be (re)certified. Allow up to 60 days to receive your new permanent private pesticide applicator license from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
If you have any questions before you register for the exam, please contact us.