DescriptionThis course is designed to help practitioners understand the cultural and power dynamics inherent to the supervisory relationship. We will explore research that illuminates the need to better understand the potential challenges and opportunities resulting from cross-cultural supervisory practice.
After completing this workshop participants will be able to:
- Process identity development with other participants in terms of how this informs their work
- Distinguish theoretical information about interculturalism and power and its correlation to practice
- Experience models of practice and personal narrative that serve as tools for engaging difference
This workshop has been pre-approved by the following Minnesota licensing boards:
- Board of Social Work (BoSW): (#CEP-204)
- Board of Marriage & Family Therapy (BMFT): 6 Supervision CEs, 3 Cultural Competency CEs (#2023-029); this workshop must be completed to meet 30-hour supervision training requirements to become a LMFT Board-Approved Supervisor (Minn. 5300.0160).
- Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy (BBHT): (#2023.CE.047)