AEMTV 2.0 is the next step to growing your skills when it comes to working with volunteers. This short, one-week professional development opportunity builds upon the concepts and resources presented during Module 5:Coaching of the original Achieving the Extension Mission course. This training is intended to equip staff to identify when and to have challenging conversations with volunteers.
This course if offered nationally to Extension professionals who have previously completed the seven-week course, Achieving the Extension Mission Through Volunteers.
Participants will engage in three facilitated webinars during a one-week time frame.
Outline and Objectives
Monday: Focus on Prevention
- Define volunteer non-compliant behavior
- Understand importance of preventing instances of non-compliant behavior
- Identify university resources prevent conflict
- Build skills to coach volunteers back into compliance with university policies
Wednesday: Focus on Response with a webinar
- Assess levels of non-compliant, volunteer behavior between low and high
- Build skills to identify appropriate level of response to non-compliant behavior
- Understand the importance of communicating with stakeholders during high-level conflicts
- Build skills and knowledge to develop a response plan aligned to level of
Friday: End the week with a webinar focusing on Resolution
- Understand the importance of following up with stakeholders after crisis event
- Practice skills of managing potentially volitive (high-level) conflict
- Demonstrate a response plan appropriate for a high-level conflict
For optimum participation, use:
- high speed internet connection
- headset/earbuds for webinars
Registration and Payment
- Each registration must be completed separately. (That is, it is not possible to put multiple registrants' registrations into your "cart" and check them all out at once.)
- We recommend that participants register themselves, but it is possible for another staff member to register a participant. (That person will be creating an account for the participant and will need to share the password they create with the participant.)
- It is essential that if someone other than the participant is registering the participant, they enter the participant's email address (NOT their own) when they register the person.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Payment is accepted by credit card only. (No POs, invoices or payment by check.)
Registration will remain open three weeks prior to the course start date or until maximum capacity is reached, whichever comes first. Cancellations on or before one week prior to course start will be fully refunded; no refunds will be issued for later cancellations. If you have questions or need to cancel your registration, please call 612-624-1999.