In this workshop, Prof. Saldaña will cover the fundamentals of qualitative coding and specifically explore coding with In Vivo. The workshop will take 2 hours to complete, learners will earn 0.2 CEUs for completing this course.
- Understand qualitative coding methods and techniques
- Understand NVivo application for qualitative analysis
- Apply qualitative methods to public health practice
Domain and tier alignments
- 1A4. Uses information technology in accessing, collecting, analyzing, using, maintaining, and disseminating data and information
- 1A2. Identifies quantitative and qualitative data and information (e.g., vital statistics, electronic health records, transportation patterns, unemployment rates, community input, health equity impact assessments) that can be used for assessing the health of a community
- 1A9. Describes public health applications of quantitative and qualitative data
- 1A14. Describes how evidence (e.g., data, findings reported in peer-reviewed literature) is used in decision making
Continuing Education Units
Please note that these trainings may offer different types of continuing education credits. This Learner Portal may not calculate the correct number of continuing education credits. Please refer to the Continuing Education Credits section of your course site after registration for the correct information.
Learners are eligible to receive up to 0.2 CEUs or 2.0 (60 minute) contact hours or 2 CPH Recertification credits.
Contact & Questions
For questions regarding course registration, materials, and content, please email email@example.com.
For questions regarding system access, log-in, username, or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-301-4357.