Prerequisites: GEMS x007.1 -Digital Agriculture: Getting Started Using Data to Support Decisions
What happens when there’s so much data, you and your team don’t know where to look to use the data to support decision-making? This happens all the time in agriculture. In this course, learners will see how simple modeling techniques can be used to prioritize decision options and focus the attention of decision-makers on the information that matters.
- Analyze a decision-making context to establish when data are too complex to be used directly to support decisions
- Decompose datasets into standard criteria useful for decision-making
- Develop weighting schemes for multiple sources of data using individual decision-maker and group-based approaches
- Build simple and correct linear and geometric weighted models to generate decision-support indices
- Use decision-support indices iteratively in a group setting to understand the benefits and costs of different decision options