This 3-CEU course is designed to provide a basic understanding of E-IMR, an evidence-informed intervention that helps practitioners integrate care for severe mental illness and substance use disorders. It is the first step to receiving CPT’s E-IMR Foundations Certification. It is also an excellent way for program administrators and clinical directors to understand whether E-IMR fits the organization. The course will take approximately 3 hours to complete.
Introduction to E-IMR contains five sections you can complete at your own pace. It is designed to introduce you to E-IMR and prepare you for our 22 CEU training in E-IMR Foundations. You can stop/start your training experience and return to it anytime. Resources are available to download along the way.
By the end of this Introduction to E-IMR training course, you will be able to:
- Describe the values and principles of E-IMR.
- Understand the evolution of E-IMR and the evidence supporting it.
- List components of the E-IMR manual and practitioner skills used in practice.
- Describe the Stress Vulnerability Model.
- Provide examples of the differences between recovery-oriented practice and clinical orientation.
- Identify the stages of change, treatment, and recovery.
- Describe the process of developing a recovery vision.
Key BenefitsParticipants in this workshop can receive up to 3 CEs approved by the Minnesota Board of Social Work. Additionally, participants will receive the Preparation for Foundations in E-IMR course.
E-IMR has changed how I practice. It has opened my eyes to starting with the basics, which I might sometimes miss if I wasn’t so familiar with the modules. Using the goal sheet has been inspirational to clients because something about writing it down and tracking it really motivates folks. Then I love being able to reflect and celebrate with clients as they experience progress and check things off their goal sheet.
– Rhonda Callahan, Northwestern Mental Health
E-IMR has been very useful in our groups and one-to-one work at our facility. E-IMR is grounded in the idea that people can and do recover in a strength-based and hope-rich environment. E-IMR is also evidenced-based and grounded in research. The 11 modules are a perfect match (and length) for our 90 day skill-focused IRTS program in MN!
– Darrin, E-IMR provider