DescriptionTake on some of the most challenging scenarios facing scrum masters in work environments across diverse industries.
Are you a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) looking to further hone your skills? This advanced, intensive two-day course, taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer®, is the next step to grow in your field and continue your agile journey. The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM®) certification is an important way to demonstrate that you’re ready to take on some of the most challenging scenarios facing scrum masters in work environments across diverse industries.
Note: The course fee includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance®, an organization that provides valuable materials and resources exclusively to CSM®s. There is no exam for the certification.
In the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® course, you will learn more nuanced Agile facilitation techniques. You’ll be trained in practices to better support your product owner, facilitate cross-team collaboration, and implement scrum and agile principles beyond your team. You’ll also learn how to serve the organization as a champion of agile. You will participate in exercises, in-depth discussion, case studies, and techniques to help illustrate practices and principles.
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate your advanced scrum master skills to current and potential employers.
- facilitate better dialogue between the product owner, scrum team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- use problem-solving techniques when encountering organizational impediments such as resistance to change, information silos, lack of engagement, and low motivation.
- champion agile, lean, and scrum in any organization or team.
- take action as a change agent to get buy-in from stakeholders, management, customers, and others.
- scale scrum and agile beyond a single team.
A-CSM® Course Requirements
Eligible participants in the A-CSM® certification will:
- have successfully completed the CSM® Certification through the UMN or another organization.
- complete pre-class work and in-class assignments.
- attend and participate in the full two-day workshop.
- have a working web or computer camera that will be kept on during the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I earn the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM®) certification?
To earn the A-CSM® certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a CSM® from Scrum Alliance® (depending on your track.) You may not substitute a certification from a different track (i.e. using a CSPO for an A-CSM course.)
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering, such as this course.
- Accept the A-CSM/A-CSPO License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience specific to the accountability of scrum master or product owner (within the past five years.) This can be met before or after attending the course. Work experience is entered and validated on your Scrum Alliance account.
Can I take an A-CSM® course before I have the required work experience?
The 12 months of work experience specific to the role of scrum master can be met at any time once you've attended an A-CSM® course. Please note that the work experience must be within the past five years of today's date.
Does A-CSM® have an exam?
No, there is no exam. You do need to attend all 14-hour of the course and keep your webcam on in order to qualify for the A-CSM® certification.
What if I took a CSM with another provider? Can I still take this course?
Yes, we accept any CSM® that is approved and validated by Scrum Alliance® to meet the prerequisite.
CompetenciesPrerequisite: Certified ScrumMaster. You may enroll if you have taken Certified ScrumMaster from an organization other than the University of Minnesota.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form