Disaster in Franklin County is undergoing a redesign and is anticipated to be released in early 2024.
In this CEU-eligible simulation, the learner will assume the perspective of various public health professionals responding to a natural disaster. They will make decisions on behalf of a county public health director, a public health nurse, an environmental health specialist, and other public health professionals. By approaching the emerging public health issues from these perspectives, the players gain a deeper understanding of the issues at hand, the decisions that colleagues in other disciplines face, and how those decisions impact his or her area of expertise.
It will take approximately 45 minutes to complete this simulation.
In this simulation, the learner will:
- Identify public health concerns resulting from the simulated natural disaster.
- Apply risk communication principles to public health concerns associated with the simulated natural disaster.
- Correlate characters' attributes to roles within the Public Health Incident Command System.
- Describe the primary roles in an Emergency Operations Center.
- Choose appropriate actions within the simulated scenario to minimize risk associated with food safety.
- Describe the roles of public health disciplines within the simulated disaster.
- Identify at least two individual knowledge gaps associated with the simulated scenario.
- Integrate learnings about the public health response and recovery of other public health disciplines into future disaster planning.
Continuing Education Units
Please note that these trainings may offer different types of continuing education credits. This Learner Portal may not calculate the correct number of continuing education credits. Please refer to the Continuing Education Credits section of your course site after registration for the correct information.
This activity offers up to 0.75 contact hours (0.075 CEUs) of participation. This course is eligible for one (1) Recertification Credit.
Contact & Questions
For questions regarding course registration, materials, and content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding system access, log-in, user name, or password, please email email@example.com or call 612-301-4357.