It takes years to grow a healthy forest. Let us help you learn to care for yours! The Master Woodland Owner program is a cohort-driven educational program in which you will learn from experts and other forest landowners.
This 12-week class meets online and in person. Participants will complete weekly, self-paced online modules with readings, exercises and group discussions. Participants will also be expected to attend several live online discussions and in-person field sessions throughout the course.
After completing the Master Woodland Owner program, you will be able to:
- Develop a plan and goals for your property;
- Identify common trees and invasive plants;
- Map your property and conduct a woodland inventory;
- Consider the different reasons and ways to manage your woods;
- Find and talk with natural resources professionals;
- Select appropriate trees and know how to plant them;
- Discuss tax incentives and estate planning with your family and financial/tax advisors.
Additional members of the same household are eligible to receive a discounted registration. Contact Emily Dombeck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-8165 for more details on the discount and to receive your coupon code. The coupon code must be entered at the time of registration to receive the discount.