Interprofessional Education 101
Don Uden, PharmD.
Karla Hemesath, PhD, LMFT
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Location: Deihl Hall Room 555
Please join us for this session designed to introduce principles and competencies of interprofessional education. We will review national competencies for interprofessional education and examples of clinical interprofessional education. Through participation in an interactive exercise, participants develop ideas to begin the development of an interprofessional educational activity to implement in their setting.
Upon completion of this session learners will:
- Appreciate how validity data are used to examine the assumptions that we – as educators and researchers – have about what instruments are measuring
- Recognize five sources of validity evidence
- Apply a guide to instrument selection based on its relevance, evidence of validity, and operational considerations
Continuing Education Joint Accreditation Statement
This activity is planned and implement by The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education and the AHC Office of Education and 1Health. The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- ANCC - American Nurses Credentialing Center 1.0 Hours
- ACPE - Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education 0.1 CEU
- ACCME - Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education - AMA PRA Category 1 - 1.0 Credit