This tutorial will help users learn the basics of compiling and debugging their code on MSI systems. Particular attention will be paid to code written in C and C++. Basic methods for debugging will be outlined, with users being able to explore different debugging tools. This tutorial will focus primarily on compiling serial programs,but brief information on compiling parallel programs will also be given.
This tutorial will cover how to:
- Compile your program (in C, C++, Fortran, etc.) for MSI high-performance clusters
- Debug your program on MSI clusters, with various tools.
To be successful, you should have:
- Your own laptop or other computer to actively learn how to use these tools
- A login with a research group on MSI resources
- Knowledge of a compiled language like C or C++
- Knowledge of the Linux command line.