DescriptionThis online course is intended for all current University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy preceptors. The orientation will focus on preceptor and institutional expectations as well as programmatic logistics during the offering of IPPE and APPE rotations.
Schedule of Educational Activities:
This course is designed with four sections to allow you to fit it in to your busy schedule. You may complete the course all-at-once or in multiple sessions. To complete this course you must do the following:
- Complete a Preceptor Orientation Pre-Evaluation.
- View introduction video
- View each of the four video presentations in Sections 1-4 (1:12:20 total time).
- Complete the post-assessment. You must score 70% on the post-assessment to pass and you will have four chances to pass the post-assessment.
- Complete the course evaluation.
Christene Jolowsky, MS, RPh, FASHP
Executive Director of Experiential Education
Mary McGuiggan, PharmD, CGP
Director, Preceptor Development
- Define the preceptor's role in the mission/vision of the College of Pharmacy and Experiential Education
- Recognize Preceptor and College accountability
- Identify didactic and IPPE/APPE curriculum
- Outline E*Value experiential assignment process, assessments
- List resources for preceptor development