DescriptionThe course will present ways to classify hazards, properties that make chemicals hazardous, occasions when public health workers may respond to hazardous chemical issues, examples of public health responses to hazardous chemical incidents. Important definitions, classifications, health effects, federal, state and local legal responsibilities and resources for continued study on this topic are also included.
After completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
- identify potential hazards associated with different classes of chemicals
- describe procedures for routine handling of chemical hazards
- decide when a chemical hazard requires a public health response
- describe ways that public health departments may interact with other agencies during a response to a chemical event
- understand basic control measures for chemical hazards
- find specific information about particular chemical hazards
For questions regarding course registration, materials, and content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-626-73-06.
For questions regarding system access, log-in, user name, or password, please email email@example.com or call 612-301-4357