DescriptionDevelop your ability to communicate spontaneously.
To be a good communicator, you need to be able to easily engage in conversations with employees, stakeholders, and senior leaders.
In this course, you will learn how to leap into professional, one-on-one conversations with enthusiasm and confidence. You’ll develop an improvisational mindset in order to communicate authentically with anyone in any circumstance.
This course will help you learn to embrace ambiguity, let go of judgments, and have meaningful and empathic interactions with others. Through interactive games and exercises, you will discover your natural strengths while cultivating a joyful approach to business and interpersonal communication.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- speak comfortably in one-on-one one conversations and with groups.
- use the “yes, and” approach and an improvisational mindset to contribute to and build on others’ ideas.
- transform conflict into curiosity.
- embrace your authentic self and use your natural gifts to communicate effectively.
- listen actively to understand stakeholders concerns at the operational level to build empathy and collaboration.
- find opportunities in ambiguity.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form