DescriptionUse your natural gift to communicate effectively.
HR Professionals who are proficient at communication are able describe new initiatives, goals and progress; engage in conversations with employees, stakeholders and senior leaders with clarity. You will learn how to leap into one-on-one conversations with enthusiasm and confidence. By developing an improvisational mindset you’ll be able to communicate authentically with just about anyone in any circumstance. This course will help you learn to embrace ambiguity, let go of judgments, and have meaningful interactions with others that are empathic, vital, and compelling. Through a series of interactive games and exercises you will discover your natural strengths while cultivating a joyful approach to business and interpersonal communication.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Use the “yes, and” approach and the mindset of improv to contribute and to build on others’ ideas
- Transform conflict into curiosity
- Embrace your authentic self and use your natural gifts to communicate effectively
- Listen actively understand stakeholders concerns at the operational level to build empathy and collaboration
- Speak comfortably in one-on-one one conversations and with groups
- Find opportunities in ambiguity; innovate faster and smarter
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
To register for all courses at once and receive a 10% discount, click on the Communications or Human Resource Generalist Certificate link below.