This course is also part of the Project Management Test Preparation course. Click here to view information about taking the full course.
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 12 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will consider the various aspects of the Project Procurement Management knowledge area.
This course contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices to learners. By submitting a question via the course's Ask the Expert link, you get access to project managers who will answer your questions within 24-48 hours.
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define procurement within the context of a project
- Describe the elements of a procurement management plan
- Explain the various roles and responsibilities of buyers and sellers
- Compare contract types and analyze make-or-buy decisions
- Discuss the techniques that contribute to effective project procurement documents
- Identify common criteria for selecting sellers
- Describe the activities involved in controlling procurements and ensuring that sellers are on track to complete deliverables that conform to project requirements
- Explain the importance of negotiating for a suitable contract and ensuring that any changes to the procurement requirements are well-documented
- Describe the circumstances under which project procurements can be closed
Note: After successful completion, learners receive 3.5 PDUs/contact hours. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course and scoring a minimum of 70% on the assessment at the end of the course.
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Estimated time to complete: 3.5 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course requires the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Refund Policy for Online Courses
A refund will be granted if the Learner has not accessed the course site for the online learning module. To receive the refund, the Learner must submit a written request to email@example.com. A 10% handling and processing fee will be assessed.
No refund will be granted once the Learner has accessed the course site to begin their self-paced learning.
No refund will be granted after 5 days from the start date (date of purchase).
UMD Center for Economic Development MUST be contacted for cancellations at 218-726-7298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.