This course is also part of the Project Management Test Preparation course. Click here to view information about taking the full course.
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 13 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will learn about how to effectively identify project stakeholders and involve them throughout the project to enhance the prospects for success.
This course contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices to learners. By submitting a question via the course's Ask the Expert link, you get access to project managers who will answer your questions within 24-48 hours.
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the individuals, groups, and organizations associated with a project to ensure that all needs and expectations will be considered and evaluated
- Use classification models, such as the power/interest grid and salience model, to categorize stakeholders and consider their impact on the project
- Create stakeholder management strategies to maximize positive stakeholder impacts and minimize negative stakeholder impacts
- Identify gaps between current and desired levels of engagement and incorporate strategies to bring these conditions into alignment
- Employ interpersonal and management skills to address and manage conflicts among stakeholders
- Nurture engagement activities to help the project meet its objectives and satisfy all acceptance criteria
- Modify engagement strategies to ensure that they continue to be effective
Note: After successful completion, learners receive 3.5 PDUs/contact hours. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course and scoring a minimum of 70% on the assessment at the end of the course.
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Estimated time to complete: 3.5 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course requires the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Refund Policy for Online Courses
A refund will be granted if the Learner has not accessed the course site for the online learning module. To receive the refund, the Learner must submit a written request to email@example.com. A 10% handling and processing fee will be assessed.
No refund will be granted once the Learner has accessed the course site to begin their self-paced learning.
No refund will be granted after 5 days from the start date (date of purchase).
UMD Center for Economic Development MUST be contacted for cancellations at 218-726-7298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.