Individuals who are interested in advancing their understanding of sustainable management; managers and supervisors in business and industry; and entrepreneurs will benefit from this course.
Sustainability refers to the use of ecosystems and their resources in a manner that satisfies current needs without compromising the needs or options of future generations. A sustainable business is one that generates profits for its owners, protects the environment, and improves the lives of the people with whom it interacts.
Courses that lead to the Certificate:
- An Overview of Sustainable Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Measuring Sustainable Management Performance
- Sustainable Management: Leadership Ethics
- Triple Bottom Line Accounting
This program covers several key topics, including:
- The reasons for sustainability’s increase in popularity
- The connection between the environment and sustainability
- The business case for embracing sustainable management within an organization
- The role government regulation plays in sustainability efforts
- Some criticisms of corporate sustainability
- Applying sustainable management principles in the workplace
- Applying the Triple Bottom Line (TBL) concept and its three pillars of “People, Planet and Profits” in organizations
- Recognizing and implementing best practices for measuring sustainable management efforts
Target Audience: This suite is designed for adult learners interested in advancing their understanding of sustainable management.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Refund Policy for Online Courses
A refund will be granted if the Learner has not accessed the course site for the online learning module. To receive the refund, the Learner must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A 10% handling and processing fee will be assessed.
No refund will be granted once the Learner has accessed the course site to begin their self-paced learning.
No refund will be granted after 5 days from the start date (date of purchase).
UMD Center for Economic Development MUST be contacted for cancellations at 218-726-7298 or email@example.com