This course is also part of the Sustainable Management Certificate. Click here to view information about taking the full certificate.
One well-known business saying is that you can't manage what you can't measure. With the growing importance of sustainable management, business leaders must find the appropriate tools and techniques for measuring their organization's sustainability performance.
This course reviews the measurement of sustainable management practices and performance.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Explain how managers can model and measure sustainable management practices
- Discuss how strategic performance measurements, including the balanced scorecard and Shareholder Value Analysis, can be employed in looking at corporate sustainability efforts
- Outline how accounting systems, including activity-based costing, life-cycle costing, and full cost accounting can be used in assessing sustainability
- Understand methods of calculating return on investment for sustainability decisions and green capital investments
- Discuss measuring and reporting sustainability to government and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs)
- Recognize best practices for measuring sustainable management efforts
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in advancing their understanding of sustainable management.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Refund Policy for Online Courses
A refund will be granted if the Learner has not accessed the course site for the online learning module. To receive the refund, the Learner must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A 10% handling and processing fee will be assessed.
No refund will be granted once the Learner has accessed the course site to begin their self-paced learning.
No refund will be granted after 5 days from the start date (date of purchase).
UMD Continuing Education MUST be contacted for cancellations at 218/726-8113 or email@example.com
There are currently no scheduled sections of this course. Please visit the UMD Continuing Education website for our other course listings. You may also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 218-726-8113.
To keep up-to-date with all Continuing Education has to offer, sign up for our weekly ENewsletter.