This advanced workshop is designed for program leaders ready to develop a deeper understanding of how their program aligns with social and emotional skill building. Programs designed for social emotional learning have parallel cycles. They have a program cycle that describes an activity, ongoing project, or goal that youth work towards. They also have a social emotional learning cycle that describes the skills youth need to develop organization, deal with challenges, and succeed in the program.
Through opportunities for reflection, working together with peers, and coaching from instructors, this workshop will provide participants with tools to describe how and why their program supports social emotional skill development.
How it works:
We recommend that 2 to 3 staff from one organization attend this workshop together as a team.
- Work with a team to visually map your program design and SEL cycle.
- Engage in small group coaching and peer-to-peer feedback.
- Connect 1:1 with facilitators to talk about your program.
What you’ll have when you walk away:
- A visual "map" that describes your program design.
- A parallel "map" that describes your program's SEL cycle.
- Tools to help you explain to stakeholders how and why your program supports SEL.
- A customized action plan to guide your program's next steps.
Who should attend: Teams of program leaders, managers, coordinators, and direct service providers who have previously attended SEL in Practice or have a solid understanding of SEL basics. We encourage teams of two or three staff members to register and attend together.
Cancellation policy: If the Center for Youth Development cancels this training, the workshop tuition fee will be fully refunded. Cancellations at least 1 business day prior to the workshop date will be fully refunded. No refunds will be issued for cancellations on or after the workshop date. If you have any questions or need to cancel your registration, please call Colleen at 612-624-1999.