Join us once a month for a lively discussion about award-winning book (s) on chosen or forced migrations. You will receive a copy of each book and other teaching resources.
Seeking Refuge in a Changing World Book Club for K-12 Educators
Date: January 23, February 27, March 27, April 24, May 22, 2018
Time: 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Place: 609 Social Sciences, West Bank UMN
Cost: $100 (includes parking vouchers, dinner and a copy of all books.)
Registration deadline: January 09, 2018
We will read and discuss the following books:
- Bitter Side of Sweet by Tara Sullivan (Ivory Coast/ January)
- The Bone Sparrow by Zana Fraillon (Myanmar to Australia/ February)
- The Only Road by Alexandra Diaz (Guatemala/ March)
- Migrant the Journey of the Mexican Worker by José Manuel Mateo (Mexico/ March)
- When the Moon is Low by Nadia Hashimi (Afghanistan/ April)
- Stepping Stones by Margriet Ruurs (Syria/ April)
- Aluta (Ghana/ May) by Adwoa Badoe